performance testing tools
This time requires the need to keep up with the speed while also meeting increased expectations of quality. Performance testing services here plays a vital role in ensuring the same to identify & eliminate the performance bottlenecks of your software. The main purpose of it is to identify the scope of improvement of the product before it is launched for customer use.
Different quality attributes of the system are measured using performance testing, like speed, stability, and scalability. These attributes help in determining how quickly does the application response, the maximum number that can be handled by the user, and to check if the application performs stably under varying load conditions.
How to do Performance Testing?
- Identify Testing Environment
- Determining the Performance Criteria
- Planning and Designing
- Configuration of Test Environment
- Implementing Test Design
- Run Tests
Check out the full blog to know a detailed performance testing strategy.
We are introducing a list of some very ingenious tools that will help you meet your goals of reducing the testing efforts while delivering a high quality software or application at a faster rate to the market.
Most of these tools present the users with their free/trial versions to let them decide about investing in the tool after working their hands on the tool.
Currently, we are providing the list of tools categorized for the following 5 categories:
- Website Security Testing Tools
- Mobile/Web Application Testing Tools
- Web Application Testing Tools
- Cross Browser Testing Tools
- Web Regression Testing Tool
This tool is one of the best tool for testing web application that allows you to check the security of web applications. It performs ‘black box testing’ to check the possible vulnerabilities for web applications. It supports both GET and POST HTTP methods for the vulnerability checkFile disclosure.
2. Zed Attack Proxy:
Zed Attack Proxy is an open source security testing tool, developed by OWASP. It runs on Mac OS, Windows and Unix/Linux. Zed Attack Proxy gives you access to find a variety of security vulnerabilities in web applications, during the testing and development phase.
Check out the original blog post, to know more: https://www.bugraptors.com/top-software-testing-tools/
- What is the minimum RAM requirement for the mobile app?
- Verify response time and speed of the mobile app under diverse networks and circumstances.
- Test to ensure realistic user experience under different circumstances and networks.
- Make sure that the app doesn’t crash anymore.
- Monitor the uptime constantly and API Usage.
Blaze Meter is a commercial, self-service performance testing tool that provides an enterprise performance testing and capacity planning .
This tool can be used to find and fix performance bottlenecks in minutes.
JMeter is a performance testing tool. It an open source and pure Java tool designed for the performance measurement of web and mobile applications.
It provides graphs and visualization techniques to analyze the results as well.
To read more, visit - https://www.bugraptors.com/performance-testing-on-mobile-applications/
The goal of performance testing is not to find bugs but to eliminate performance bottlenecks. Performance testing helps in establishing speed, scalability, and stability of the software application. So, designing and executing these tests are critical for ensuring stability of an application. An effective performance testing strategy is essential for highlighting most of the performance issues. It could be associated with the database, network, software, bandwidth, or the hardware.
Why it is critical for enterprises to invest in Performance Testing:
1. It will generate more revenue: The faster the web application is, the more it will generate revenue. For applications such as e-commerce applications have to provide an easy and secure gateway to the customers which results in better transaction and repeated visits on the application.
2. Provide customers with better website speed: A slow and lousy website results in repelling the crowd coming on the site. The automation testing tools enable the teams to check the speed and performance of the website. Users should be able to load the site with basic connectivity and bandwidth that helps in maintaining the interest and keeping them engaged.
3. Improve quality by Resolving defects before getting into market: Performance testing gives customers the information about their application regarding speed, stability and scalability. Performance testing helps in uncovering what needs to be improved before the product goes live. Without performance testing, application is likely to suffer from various issues such as running slow with simultaneous users.
Mobile apps are no more different from web apps, though; applying the same testing techniques will produce inaccurate results or fail to exposure of underlying performance issues.
Types of Apps
There are three main types of apps that are used in a mobile device. Identifying the types of mobile & website performance testing services and the type of mobile application under the testing is quite challenging. The types of mobile device are:
Native Apps are developed by mobile OS, for instance, apps developed in Java for Android mobiles.
Hybrid apps are designed to access web applications that are embedded in the mobile itself, for example, Apple Apps Store, Twitter app, LinkedIn app, etc.